ICL-IP: A member of the Global Chemical Industry’s “Responsible Care” Program
In 2002 ICL-IP was accepted as a member of the global chemical industry’s flagship program – “Responsible Care“. This program, now adopted in 54 countries is the global chemical industry’s environmental, health and safety initiative to drive continuous improvement in performance and to promote transparency.
Each national industry organization is required to develop a set of Responsible Care Guiding Principles to which each company in that country requesting membership must, along other requirements, make a formal commitment.
Accordingly, ICL-IP has and is committed to these principles.
MAI Responsible Care Guiding Principles
In pursuing the best interests of the industry, we recognize that fulfilling our responsibility to the communities in which we live and work, and to the world community, is essential for long term success.
We will strive to align our social, environmental and economic activities with the principle of sustainability and to design products and supply services that will benefit the present global community without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
- We will contribute to sustainability through improved performance, expanded economic opportunities, and the development of innovative technologies
- We will use resources efficiently and minimize waste.
- We will listen, engage and work with stakeholders to understand and address their expectations and concerns about activities, products and services
- We will report openly on performance, achievements and shortcomings.
- We will continuously improve the environmental, health and safety knowledge and performance of technologies, processes, products and services over their life cycles so as to avoid harm to people and to the environment
- We will utilize clean and safe technologies and processes when building new plants or expanding current facilities around the world
Management System Approach
- We will adopt a management system approach consistent with and for promotion of the Responsible Care ethics
- We will asses risk and responsibly manage products throughout their life cycles whilst increasing public awareness of commitments and results
- We will develop and share best practices through mutual assistance
- We will work in partnership with upstream suppliers and downstream users to collaborate on improved processes for the safe and effective use of chemicals
Extension of Responsible Care along the Value chain
- We will promote adoption of the Responsible Care principles and practices along the value chain
- We will cooperate with governments and organizations in the development and implementation of effective regulations and standards, and to meet or go beyond them.
- We will provide appropriate resources to effectively implement Responsible Care.