General & Use:
TexFRon® 9020 is a water based dispersion which provides solutions for flame and smoldering suppression, when wash durable FR coating and backcoating formulations are required.
TexFRon® 9020 has the following properties:
- Effective smoldering suppression in cellulosic fabrics
- Best cost efficient FR solution for backcoating applications
- Enables significant reduction in bromine and antimony trioxide (ATO) and opens the possibility of ATO free formulations
- Low melt active component (240°F, 115°C)
- Opportunity for lower latex levels
- Ability to achieve fully laundry durable FR cotton fabrics
- Good transparency
- Easy incorporation in common binder systems
- Compatibility with most textile finishing chemicals
- Good pH stability
- Supplied as an aqueous concentrate with up to 65% solids
- Alternative system to Deca and HBCD based formulations
TexFRon® 9020 65% solids aqueous concentrate is a milky dispersion that contains 35% bromine. It is suitable for preparing durable textile coating formulations, especially to pass stringent standards such as BS-5852, NFPA-701 and 16 CFR 1633.
TexFRon® 9020 concentrate should be handled in a similar manner to customary BFRs. It is also important to note that TexFRon 9020 is provided as an aqueous dispersion; therefore comparisons with other solid FR products must be done on a percent Br and/or dry add-on basis.
Please note that the values indicated do not constitute specification limits. To obtain current specifications, refer to your local Sales Office/Representative or ICL-IP Head Office at address herein.
- Omer Mizrahi | +972-8-6297625 | +972-(0)52-4708 625 | Omer.Mizrahi@icl-group.com